Friday, April 9, 2010

Congratulations Patrice!

Well it happened, I was beginning to think it would never happen, but it did. Someone beat me at picking the NCAA tournament. Yep, you heard me right, I didn't win this year. After three years of winning, I have been dethroned. Patrice, Kasey's Aunt, obviously doesn't pay any attention to the pundits on ESPN or any other sports site, and picked Duke to win it all. Blake and I thought this was pretty funny. There was no way Duke was going to win the NCAA tourney, everyone knew that they shouldn't even be a #1 seed. Before the final four, Patrice was in dead last, and then two rounds later (we use a weighted system so that all rounds are worth twice what the previous rounds' points were) she was all alone at the top. Since I wrote a whole blog about the NCAA tourney and about how I was the reigning 3 time champ, I felt that we should acknowledge that Patrice now has the bragging rights for a whole year. Sheesh, this year is gonna be tough. By the way, if anyone is wondering what position I ended up in, well let us just say that it isn't anywhere near the top.
One more thing that I wanted to share tonight is about Ady. She loves bubbles so very much. She would have us blow bubbles all day if we would do it. Last night Ady figured out a new way to make bubbles. I was helping her in the tub and all the sudden there were all these bubbles coming up in the water. I looked at Ady, and she had this really big grin and said "look Dad, I make bubbles". I laughed, and then when I looked at her again she had this really funny look on her face like she was constipated, and I asked her what she was doing. She told me that she was trying to make more bubbles. I got a pretty good laugh out of that.

No comments: