Sunday, June 7, 2009

Puke

Ady has had a bit of a rough week the last few days. She has some flu bug and has been puking all over. She doesn't act sick, but a happy smiling kid pukes about the same as a miserable looking kid. Earlier this week, on Tuesday, Ady was playing and I thought she looked kinda funny so I asked her if she was alright. She nodded and I thought she must be pooping. I asked her "are you pooping?" and she didn't respond. Then her face turned a bit green and she unloaded all over the carpet and on one of our chairs. As soon as it was safe to get close enough not to be sprayed I grabbed her and hauled her into the bathroom where I put her in the tub. She was all smiling and chatting as soon as the junk stopped coming out. I began to undress her so she could take a bath and I could get the clothes cleaned up and was dreading having to go back out to the living room to clean up the putrid vile smelling mess. This was definitely one of those days where I was wishing Kasey was home and I was off to work. As soon as I got her diaper off I stepped out of the room to throw the dirty clothing into the laundry. When I came back Ady greeted me and pointed to a large turd that was right in the middle of the tub. I couldn't believe it, she waited till the diaper was off to poop. Her comment, "I tink, I tink." She doesn't put the "s" on most words. Groaning I shook my head in bewilderment and grabbed a bunch of toilet paper. Once I had the bulk of it off the tub and off her I tossed it in the toilet and flushed. I started to turn back to Ady when I realized I hadn't heard the toilet drain. I looked back to see that the toilet was plugged and the water was getting close to the top. I yelled stay to Ady and grabbed the plunger. Needless to say, that by the end of the episode I was feeling way worse for me than I was for Ady. We thought that was the end of the ordeal, until yesterday. We were at the Aloha Swap Meet and taking a break on some grass. Ady was running around a tree, stopped, came up to Kasey, and without warning puked on Kasey. Simultaneously two things could be heard, Kasey saying "are you kidding me!?", and me laughing hysterically. So I went and bought a 3 dollar souvenir t-shirt for Kasey to change into and then we got both of them cleaned up. Wondering if the 5 days between pukes was connected or just a random incident, we then had to deal with Ady puking all over her bedroom last night and then in her bed at 3 am and then came Kasey's favorite. She made a puking sound this morning and I quickly grabbed her and ran her into the bathroom. I made really good time and we got most of it in the toilet. However, Ady usually pukes twice, and sure enough after the puke came out she wanted to hug me and have me tell her it would be okay. Of course, I knew better and tried to turn her back to the toilet for round two, but I was too late, she puked on me. This time it was Kasey saying, "better you than me, hahaha."
Well enough about puke. I leave tomorrow for Minnesota and Utah for the next three weeks. I'll be looking at some resorts that are for sale and going on a BWCAW canoe trip with my Dad, and then flying to Utah for a few days. A couple of cousins were nice enough to agree to come and stay with Kasey and help with Ady while I am gone and we have had fun showing them around the Island before I leave. Here are some photos of a sunset from Laie Point.

Here's Ady and Kasey just enjoying the evening watching the sun go down and the waves roll in.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. We had Carissa sick and 3 days later when we thought we had dodged the bullet Landon decided to get sick also. Our kids are always happy and smiley too, I don't know what they get, but usually when I a throwing up I am miserable. Kids just must be tough.

Van Tassell said...

Isn't it great to be a parent. Luckily they are so cute the rest of the time . . . it makes it easier to deal with the occasional unpleasantness.

The Songer said...

I was wondering where Ady was during Sacrament!

I bet you could have gotten her into the bathroom before the puke came up if you werent so busy getting high scores on Bejeweled Blitz! heehee!

Get better Ady!

Tamaran said...

We haven't dealt with puke yet. After reading this post, I'm definitely dreading it...