Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Minnesota

Kasey wants me to post pics of Minnesota on here for those who aren't on Facebook. I arrived in Minnesota yesterday and spent most of the day traveling. But I did make it to Cabelas and had a great time there. Kasey always tells me that I make shopping miserable because I complain when I have to go. I have found a solution, if we go shopping at Cabelas, I won't complain at all. This morning I went hiking and had a nice relaxing time walking around. I saw some deer but didn't manage to get a picture. Here are some pics from my hike.This first one is just a pond with the sky reflected on it.

This is the Vermillion River. I spent most of my morning hiking along the edge of it. This river flows north, which is opposite to most of the rivers in the U.S. These two just show a couple of scenes from the rivers edge.


Here are the falls, there was quite a bit of water coming over them. They aren't that high but very dangerous due to the amount of water that goes over them. They used to have a professional kayak race through here, but after a couple of years of having several people die going through this section they now make you carry your kayak over the land and around the falls.

Here is the final picture, it is a bunch of lily pads on a bog near the river.

5 comments:

Tamaran said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks, Kasey, for making Adam post them.

The Songer said...

I love how you say " the first pic is just a pond with a reflection"... well that pic is my favorite.... I knew that you loved camera's but i had no idea you could totally use it!

Have fun!

Kasey Van Tassell said...

Nice pics, hun. Wish we could be there with you...especially if it didn't involve a long plane ride.

Justin and Melissa said...

Very nice, hope the trip goes well for you. How much longer are you guys in Hawaii? Also, love the puke story made me laugh cause it happened to you and not me, yuck.

EmmaJ said...

Beautiful! I hope you are having a great time.