Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Holiday

So we had a great Labor Day weekend, except we lost our camera Saturday. We went hiking to Maunawilli Falls and jumped of the cliffs into the pool-way fun-not sure what happened to the camera, but it didn't make it home with us. Monday we went to Sea Life Park. Our friends were nice enough to let us borrow thier camera for the park. We'll post pictures later after we get those pictures. But for those of you that have tagged me, I'm not ignoring you, I was even planning on doing the tags this past weekend, but since we don't have a camera right now, it put a damper on those plans. Anyway I am substituting a good joke. This one actually happened:

So I was explaining to my husband the other night about my new fixed asset job at BYU Hawaii and what I think am supposed to do and how I am slowly learning how to add assets and transfer them. I'm learning more about the university's methods for depreciation, etc., and I ended up with saying “I think I am supposed to Capitalize things, but I don’t really know how.” And he turned to me and said:

"Well, why don’t you just use the big letters?"

I usually don’t laugh at my husbands’ lame jokes so as not to encourage them, but even I was laughing pretty hard at this one.

3 comments:

Brent said...

My students don't think that I'm funny either, but they laugh every other Tuesday.

Melanie said...

Funny thing about Ryan's shirt is it says 'CREW' on the back and Ryan didn't know. And he didn't bring another one since we were only there over night. So after he got back from his interview we changed out of his suit and went to put his shirt on when he suddenly pointed out that his shirt said 'CREW' on it and asked if I knew that. I just laughed. I figured he knew. It really wasn't that big of a deal until he decided to get embarrassed that he'd been wearing it all day without knowing:)

Tom and Alison said...

Hah, we thought it was pretty funny. I had a few deep belly chuckles when I read it. Anyway, looking forward to the photos.

Tom and Ali