Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pounders and Sour Cream


Hi everyone, we've been having some technical difficulties for about a week now with blogger. For some reason it took the pics down from my last post and then wouldn't let me post a picture for about a week. Last week I took Brandon and Brock boogie boarding, they thought they had the waves mastered at Hukilau and wanted something a little bigger so we went down to Pounders beach. They soon learned that Pounders beach is aptly named, you can see here in the picture that Brandon is watching Brock get pounded. I headed out to show them how to deal with bigger stronger waves and this is what happened to me.

See that nice red line across my neck? That is where the blue bubble, a break off of a portuguese man-of-war (a type of Jelly Fish), got me. It went around my neck, and onto my shoulder and back. I had just caught this wave, and the next thing I know my neck, shoulder and back are stinging and I swear I am on fire. I guess that is the price you pay for playing in the ocean sometimes.


Last night Kasey made nachos and Ady loved them. Or maybe I should say she loved the sour cream. In our family we don't really worry too much about double dipping, but quadruple and even quintuple dipping well that's another thing. We tried to get Ady to use the sour cream on the plate but all she wanted to do was dip the chip in the container, lick off the chip and repeat process several times. She made such a mess but we thought it was so funny that we just laughed and snapped these pics. When she was done she had sour cream all over her, some on us, a bit on the couch and none left in the container.

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

She is getting so big! That is really funny though!

The DuBois said...

That's funny and yummy. Ady is so big now. You guys are a very special little family and we miss you.
Hope you're all well.

Tom and Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom and Alison said...

Addy sure has some interesting eating habits, haha!! And those Portuguese man-of-war seem pretty intense & look extremely gnarly, kind of like some sort of alien species. When we were in Kauai, we went on a catamaran tour up on the North Shore and were supposed to go snorkeling off of the boat, but couldn't because there was a "swarm" of them in the water where we were supposed to do so. The tour guides told us all kinds of horror stories about them, probably mostly to discourage us from wanting to go anyway. Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_man-of-war
said that a sting usually requires medical attention, but I guess you survived Korea without medical attention, ha! Anyway, hope it's feeling better!

Tom & Ali

Melanie said...

Ady is getting big. I'm excited to see her over Christmas. No, I'm not in competition with Shelayne. I joined as part of her group even though I'm in Chicago. I don't think there will be much problem with who the family buys from though because of the location thing. But if you want to buy something, I can send it to you:)