Monday, October 6, 2008

A really cool birthday present

Adam's birthday just passed and I got him a couple of great presents.  A couple of months ago I bought him a Jazz hat and told him that would be his present.  But I found another present and I think I did great.  When it comes to giving presents to Adam, it's very straight forward. He would be happy to receive Legos, an old American coin, or a book. When it comes to giving me gifts I want something new and different everytime!
When it comes to getting gifts for the other...it is the exact opposite. I want to give Adam something surprising and different each time, and he would rather give me another board game everytime. This makes a bittersweet shopping experience for us. If I get what Adam wants...its not the new and different and thoughtful present from me. (but only to me...to him it is the best new lego set ever!!) Does anyone else have this dilemma, or something like it?
Even though this is just a minor dilemma for us...I think this time I found a great birthday gift this time that was new and different and it was something that Adam loves.





This is a book that I had made for Adam.  It is a collection of pictures he has taken.  For those of you who don't know, one of Adam's hobbies is photography.  These are just a couple of the pages out of the book.  There is a page for waterfalls, one for sunsets/sunrises, one for Southern Utah, a page with underwater pictures and so forth.  It is really cool.  He thought it was a great gift.  The only problem is now he shows off his pictures even more than he did before!

10 comments:

Tara said...

That is AWESOME! How long did it take to get it done? You must have put some serious thought and prep into that gift! Now he owes you big - start leaving some BIG clues!
Tara

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

That really is cool, Kasey!

Melanie said...

Looks good. Ryan and I have the same problem. That's why we ended up going to St. Louis traveling for 12-15 hours in two days. Not my pick, but Ryan loved it:)

Natalie said...

The grass isn't yellow and yucky. My camera is awful and yucky! The book idea is awesome! Way to go Kasey!

Emily & Eric said...

Hi Kasey~
I found your blog and wanted to say hi.
Your little girl is so cute and so big. I showed Eric and he couldnt believe you had a little girl that big. I am jealous you live in Hawaii...

SAM and RACHEL said...

hey adam....you should check this out....it made us think of you....

http://www.totalmania.net/olympics-2008-in-hong-kong-from-lego#more-5422

EmmaJ said...

Great gift Kasey! We have that problem with cards. I want sentimental ones, Steve wants funny ones. After a couple of birthdays passed where I got funny cards and he got sentimental ones, we decided to buy what the other wanted. So now for Steve's birthday if I see a funny card that I wouldn't want to get I buy it for him.

Anonymous said...

Dont worry Kasey your secrets safe with me about your present...lol.. Congrats on the surfing... wish i could have gone... my phone magically turns off on saturday mornings.. weird huh... I really appreciate you guys... -Brando

Anonymous said...

hey! this book looks WAY kooler in person! sorry we have been MIA lately....but we know your anniversary is either coming up or it already happened.....so....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! You guys rock!

Tom and Alison said...

That is a totally awesome b-day gift, I would love to have a book like that with all of our honeymoon pics. in it!

Ali & Tom