Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fun times with Daniel and Whitney

Well it has been a bit since we had time to post anything so I thought since I don't have any homework this weekend I'd better take a moment and tell you what kind of trouble Adyson has found lately.  So today we spent all day(all day means that I was watching college football and every commercial and halftime break) cleaning the house.  We even took down the drapes and laundered them.  When we finally finished cleaning I went to Pizza Hut and got us a pizza.  I came in, set it on the table while I put the ice cream in the freezer and when I turned around this is what I saw.  If you didn't already know Adyson loves pizza.  Especially stuffed crust pineapple just like her dad.  If you look really close you will see that because Ady is so skinny and being stretched out her pants are sliding down.  The kid is already taking her first steps into turning into a hoodlum by sagging her pants.  Don't worry mom, as soon as I took the picture I pulled her pants back up.  

Uncle Daniel and Aunt Whitney came and visited us a couple of weeks ago and we had all sorts of fun playing with them.  This is us at Haunama Bay.  We went snorkeling there one morning.  Ady loved it.  She didn't get to go and swim with the turtles and fish but she loves running around on the sand and playing in the water.  She was so excited that she wouldn't even turn around for the picture.



Just because we haven't updated the blog for a couple of weeks doesn't mean that Ady gotten into anything in that time. While Daniel and Whitney were here I was doing the dishes and I realized that it had been a few minutes since I had seen or heard Ady. So I go looking for her and this is how I found her. Apparently Whitney has an addiction to chocolate and always keeps a candy bar in her suitcase for emergencies. You know, when I was in high school we had this dog who could smell chocolate really well. In fact once during Christmas time we left him inside for a little while and he found all the packages with chocolate in them and tore them open to get at that chocolate. Ady is kinda like this. I guess she went right for this stash of Whitney's and found a little treasure. Doesn't she look cute and pleased with herself.

Ady and I took Daniel and Whitney hiking one day while Kasey was at work. Ady and I like hiking, and usually I just pack her along in the baby bjorn but this time she didn't fit the carrier and was way too heavy to carry the whole way. So I put her down which made her really happy. She climbed, and hiked on her own for a good chunk of the way.

Doesn't she look proud of herself. And yes she was filthy dirty when we got done.

Whitney wore crocs to hike in and due to the rain the trail was really muddy, so she had to have a stick cause she kept stumbling and almost fell a dozen times or so. Ady wanted a stick too. This is her stick. No worries that it is bigger than her!

We had fun taking Daniel and Whitney to many places including Waikiki. Daniel and Whitney were nice enough to watch Ady for a bit while Kasey and I went surfing. Kasey spent about an hour being frustrated and then we finally got her up on a wave. We had a lot of fun. This is all of us in front of the Duke Kahanamoku statue.

3 comments:

SAM and RACHEL said...

thunder vs ady....isn't this the 2nd time you have compared your daughter to a dog?

The DuBois said...

I love the picture of Ady climbing. She's such a big girl now...so adorable.

Tom and Alison said...

Oh man, you guys are so lucky! You have lived in two of our favorite places, Key West and Hawaii, and it seems like you're always going and doing cool things! We wish we could live somewhere warm and near a beach! Especially now that it's getting cold and dark here in the frozen desert! Lucky's!

Ali & Tom