Friday, February 6, 2009

more happenings


Yesterday Ady had a Dr. Appointment.  She didn't like it at all.  She cried everytime anyone tried to do anything, but despite all the crying and tantrums we did get her measurements and here they are:

Height: 2'11"  
Weight: 26 lbs
Head Circ: 19"

The Dr says she she is in the 96% for her height and 60% for the weight.  I guess that gives us hope that maybe she'll get lucky and get her Grandpa Haddocks tall genes, cause that is the only place that they could come from.   In all it was a very healthy visit.  We just get to make a couple adjustments:  feed Ady less juice(he said a half cup/day is enough) and brush her teeth more.  Oh ya, and Ady has decided that she only needs a nap every few days now.  Her parents don't agree, so if anyone has any ideas on getting kids to continue what used to be great nap habits....pleaase let us know!

   

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the naps! Carissa decided that she didn't need naps when she was 18 months and Landon has already started to think that naps are a thing of the past. Let me know if you come up with anything.

Tara said...

She's too cute!! I don't have any good advice on naps either....other than I need one more than my kids! My kids have to have quiet time if they won't nap (which is laying on the bed next to me while I nap!)They get to watch cartoons quietly - and if they move I turn it off and they have to still lay there! I keep hoping they will fall asleep, but usually it's just me!
Tara

Tamaran said...

That picture is adorable. She sure is growing up fast. No advice on the naps as that we haven't gotten to that point yet. Good luck!

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

If Carissa and Ady both have decided early on that they don't need naps, maybe it's the Haddock blood in them!? Good luck with it all.

Emily and company said...

I give Audrey 'quiet time' once a day, even if she doesn't want to take a nap. (i'm kind of a mean mom!) Anyway, thanks for the advice on potty training! I have been going crazy trying to get her to go during the day, but I am going to start with in the morning and go from there!

EmmaJ said...

Beautiful picture!
As for naps... we just take Betty up to her room at noon and get her up at 3. I feel bad it is that easy for us.