Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Grandparents, Thanksgiving and Potty Training


Grandpa and Grandma Haddock and Blake came to visit Ady for Thanksgiving. We had a lot of fun playing with them. This is them at Laie point. For Thanksgiving we cooked our turkey in the ground in an imu and after the turkey bowl we went to pounders beach and went boogie boarding. By the way, I have found out that I might be graduating in June, so if you want to come see us might want to come before then.

Ady is pretty fun about sleeping. She still has to have a binky when she falls asleep. We don't let her have it except when she is in her bed so she makes up for the missed time by holding as many as she can. Look in her hands and you'll see that she is holding 3 binkies and sucking on another one. By the way we have started trying to potty train Adyson. She has been coming to us for a couple of weeks now and grabbing her diaper when she goes to the bathroom. So the other day Kasey stuck her on the toilet and Ady went pooped. Grandma haddock even went and bought her her own potty. This morning we decided to use it and as soon as I got Ady out of bed I stuck her on it. Sure enough about 30 seconds later Ady peed in the potty. We were very pleased and thinking to ourselves that this is gonna be way easier than everyone says. Ady stood up, we clapped, gave her five, I wiped her bum and walked into the other room to get a diaper. Ady followed me and then when I turned around with the diaper there she was squatting in the middle of the room with a big turd on the carpet. I yelled and Kasey came running into the room, saw what was happening and went to grab Ady. Ady got a bit excited over all the commotion and immediately jumped up, stepped in the poop and took off running. Basically our great victory wasn't so great as I found myself cleaning poop out of the carpet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much for potty training being easy... That is pretty funny when you put it like that though i'm sure ady stepping in and running around with the poop on her foot wasn't funny at the time.

Mary Ann said...

That is pretty Hillarious. I can't help but laugh really hard because I know that is probably going to happen to me soon!

Melanie said...

Ha! That's great. Though boo that you might graduate in June. Well, I guess it's good, but I don't know that we can make it before then to visit. We really wanted to come visit again before you leave. Thanksgiving looked like fun, we're jealous.
Good luck potty training.

Erin Larsen said...

Kase... it is good to see you and your family! Looks like lots of fun.
J.B.

EmmaJ said...

June! could you fail a class or something to give some of us a little extra time?

Tamaran said...

Hey Adam and Kasey.
I have a question about the binky. Have you always just allowed her to have it only when sleeping, or was there an age that you no longer let her have it elsewhere? Taelyn loves her Nuk (it is almost always clipped to her). We are now debating when to cut down the usage.
I love the pic with the multiple binkies. Too funny. Oh, and Adam, thanks for not showing us a picture of the poo and Ady's trail! Good luck with the potty training...I'm sure I'll ask more questions about that when we get there.

Fiagle Family said...

Potty training is the worst!! Good luck! I hate it. At least she went once. Ella sits on the toilet all the time ands still has not managed to pee in it

Mom's Managery said...

I love to hear the stories of others and potty training..it makes me laugh..just beacuse ..been there..done that...several times..plus all the kids I've babysat who where training.I think their parents liked to be gone for that.Good luck and great to see your parents went over to Hawaii.We just got back from Kauai.GREAT FUN