Wednesday, August 13, 2008


Here's a couple of pics of Ady. This first one is at the Pearl Harbor/Bowfin Submarine. They have these exhibits outside that you can touch, climb on and play with. Ady loved this one. It's the main chamber for the submarine and Ady was flipping switches, spinning dials and pushing buttons.

I thought this pic was really cute. My mom took this while she was here. If you don't know us well you might get an idea looking at this pic that we play a lot of card/board games. I guess we play so much that now Ady thinks that she should be playing also.

Do not get fooled by this cute face. Today Ady learned how to take the top off of her sippy cup. If making messes was an olympic event, Adyson would sweep all the medals. Actually there are probably several events she could win. Climbing on to the couch, then climing off the couch, back on the couch, repeat a dozen times. Maybe that one can replace the spots that baseball/softball are vacating. Or how about turning off the gas on the stove when dad is cooking. Maybe Ady's favorite: hiding various items in drawers, cupboards and under beds. We still haven't found my library card or SCUBA card. Fortunately grandma found her chapstick and lotion.

10 comments:

The Dansies said...

Adam this is Shaylah, and I just want to say, you make me laugh. I'm glad you came across our blog--in a kind of roundabout way, but i'm pretty sure you've had a link to it all along...at least I've had a link to yours since about the time Kasey was getting christmas card addresses! It's good to hear from you though! It looks like you guys are having all kinds of fun adventures in Hawaii!

Tom and Alison said...

Wow, she sound like quite a character, I hope when Tom & I have kids that they're as much fun and as cute as your little girl!

Ail (Tom's wife)

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

And we love and enjoy her ssssssooooooo much!

Kale and Rowdy said...

Hey Kasey! It's your cousin Kale. I've been "stalking" your blog, but I'm generally too lazy to comment on anything. Your little girl is so cute and it sounds like she's into all the same things as my little guy. I'm jealous you get to live in Hawaii.

Fiagle Family said...

Look s like you guys have been busy. Your life looks like a permanant vacation! So jealous! Hope to stop over soon

Kasey Van Tassell said...

Adam, thanks for always keeping everyone up on our permanent vacation lives! j/k Maybe someday when I am not so busy with work, I'll start inputting again. But really thanks for being such a great blogger for us. And sometimes you are even quite comical!

Love ya, Kasey

EmmaJ said...

I think the picture of her playing cards is very appropriate for your family.

Tom and Alison said...

Kasey is right, quite comical Van Tassell! Anyway, I spent a few delightful hours on the Bowfin when I visited the island when I was younger and loved it!

Tom

Nancy said...

I absolutely love your guys' blog. It always makes me laugh with your choice of words. The pic of Ady is gorgeous with her at the table. Totally priceless.

Tamaran said...

Adam! How the heck are ya? Found your blog from Lacey's. So what are you studying? It sure is beautiful there. Haven't had a chance to look at more than just a couple of posts, but am planning on it. Ady is adorable! Still, I can't decide if I'm excited for ours to get to be that age, or dreading it. Keep in touch. Tam