Monday, March 31, 2014

Thumper's Rule

During wrestling season we attended a match at a small high school.  Adam was helping coach and was down on the mat with the team when they had the flag presented.  The kids and I were up in the stand in the visitors section with a few other moms on the team.  The cheerleaders presented the flag, and one of the cheerleaders was noticeably larger than the others.  I didn't think much about it.  A girl with a nice voice sang the national anthem.   All was going great, right up until the girl singing took a small pause to take a breath and a little voice carried over the gym saying "Why is that cheerleader so fat?"
Yes that was Brock.  The entire wrestling team was busting up.  The moms were holding back laughter in the stands.  I couldn't believe that he picked the precise moment that everyone would hear him to ask that question.  When I tried to tell him it was not appropriate to say that, he just asked me "Why Mom, it's true".
Sadly, this is not the first time this kind of thing has happened.  Last summer we were waiting for a seat at a restaurant and a lady came outside who was quite large.  Brock looked right up at her and said, "Wow, You're fat."  My mom happened to be right there and got right after him.  Adam and I just pretended like we didn't know who he was. 

1 comment:

Tamaran said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning! I don't think it would be so hard if they weren't so sincere in all their questions. And I'm usually the one that has to address these types of questions because Jonathan can't keep a straight face for the life of him--he usually leaves the room.