Friday, November 27, 2009

what happens when your blog gets left signed in....

This is Adam's little sister, Rachel. I have been living with Adam and Kasey this semester, watching Adyson and my own baby, Jett, as my husband has been gone for basic/AIT training stuff.
I've been waiting for the opportunity to post on their blog since I got pictures of Ady trying to breastfeed her baby doll....that's what happens when we all share Adams laptop and everything is left signed in!
At first when I got here, I was a little worried about Jett's survival being around Ady. As he was learning to crawl and pull himself up to a stand at the couch, she would go out of her way to knock him over. It's not uncommon for children to do such things when they fear competition for attention....but has still been extremely frustrating for me as it's my baby bonking his head on the hard wood floor every time.
Turns out....with a little effort....I may have convinced Ady that Jett can be her friend. They are now playing together and feed off each others giggles and she even lets him jump on her bed with her now!

Best part is that Ady now imitates EVERYTHING I do as a mother.....she is going to be a super sister!

She breastfeeds....(to be honest, I'm suprised it has taken this long before she started this)
She's teaching her baby to walk....
Feeds her baby cheerios....
Rocks her baby to sleep.....
Wakes baby up by poking her eyes out....(I didn't teach her this)....
Tickles her baby.....
plays with her baby....
More breastfeeding.....more discreetly....
Gives piggy back rides.....
And she also gives Anakin Skywalker pod racer rides.....

6 comments:

Fiagle Family said...

love it my girls were always pregnant with their babies. :)

The Songer said...

Hey Rachael! Love the pics!

Next time i see her, Im asking where she learn the eye poking technique from! haha!

Tara said...

YIKES - paybacks better be in order! Remind me never to leave my blog signed in when my sisters are here.....
Great pics though! Ady is so cute!

Melanie said...

Ha, that was great Rachel. I loved all the pictures of Ady and her being a little copy cat.

Tamaran said...

She isn't poking her baby's eyes out. The doll closes her eyes when it is laying down. She is trying to open its eyes so that it will wake up. Makes total sense to me.

I love the pictures. She will be an awesome big sister (as long as the baby opens its eyes when it is laying down!). Thanks for posting the pics, Rach.

Brent said...

some peoples kids