Monday, July 21, 2008

Chatty Ady



These are some pictures with us on our hike up Diamond Head Crater. Diamond Head is the crater that you can see in all the famous Waikiki pictures. Supposedly it is the most famous landmark in all of Hawaii. We laid Ady down next to the National Geological Survey Bench Mark. The other pic is of Kasey and Ady posing with Waikiki in the background. We had a lot of fun. We went down to Waikiki afterwards and went surfing and played in the water. Then we finished the day off by seeing the new Batman movie. We were exhausted when the day was done. Ady has learned a few new things this week. This morning I was sitting at the table and I heard the toilet flush. I looked up a little confused and then I heard it flush again. So I got up and walked into the bathroom, while walking in there the toilet flushed again. Ady flushed it a fourth and final time just as I reached down to pick her up. Between the toilet paper and the flusher we keep the door closed on the bathroom at all times now. Ady has become really chatty lately. I'm sure that she is saying really neat things but we can't understand anything at all. Of course that doesn't bother her one bit. She just keeps on talking. Kasey says she gets it from me and Grandma VT. We're trying to wean her from her binky little by little but sometimes she talks so much that I almost want to put it back in. We really want her to develop her speech and all but sometimes it would be nice for a little quiet. Especially at church.

4 comments:

Brent said...

Another jabberwocky in the family! Proud gramma!

Tara said...

hey, it's your long lost cousin Tara. What a cute baby! Love catching up with your blog!
Tara

Tom and Alison said...

Panty!!! I found your REAL blog. This blog seems more like a regular blog (and not an advertisement for Hawaii!! j/k). We will be posting some more Key West stuff within the next few days, so you'll have to check it out. We also added this blog to our list, so if any nerd missionaries want to link to your blog from ours, they can. I am still in touch with Trent Covington, Nate Earl, Chuck Avery, and I hear about other missionaries now and then. I'd really like to catch up with you, but don't really want to put my phone number on here - so email me some time and I'll give you my number. Anyway, your daughter is WAY cute, she's grown up in a lot of cool places too, we're jealous! We only get to travel to those places, not live there! We get to travel more often than we otherwise would because Alison (my wife) is in the hotel business so we get good deals. As far as my job... well I WAS in commercial mortgage finance, now I am in... the business of finding a job (the mortgage crisis finally hit home and they laid a bunch of us newbies off). Not too worried though, they were nice to me when I left so I am lucky to have some time to look for a new job. Well, you'll have to let me know who you are still in touch with as well, and catch me up on the latest mission news and what your plans and such are (you were always the mission journalist, hah). Anyway, it seems like you are doing really well, thats good to hear. Drop me a line!

- Tom & Alison Worthington

Tom and Alison said...

Oh yeah, and I am in touch with Bob Terry, he's living in NM and doing really well. All of the missionary blogs/myspace pages that I know are linked to my blog by the way.