Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Like Father, Like Daughter

Ady has become quite the literalist. I'll let everyone guess where she gets it from. Hint: It is not me, and I am positive it is genetic. For example, I will often tell Ady to go get her shoes on. She doesn't say no, doesn't say ok, doesn't move to do what I tell her. She says "They are not shoes, they are boots, Mom!" "Oh, of course." I say(because this conversation goes on everyday at our house). "GO GET YOUR BOOTS ON!" I just want action, and she just wants to make sure I'm right.
Another example. I say "Ady, go get in the car." She replies "Its a TRUCK!"
And finally the other day as we were flying to Minnesota, this was the conversation:
Mom: Look out the window, Adyson. It's all white; we're in a cloud!!
Ady: No. No we aren't.
Mom: Yes we are. Look.
Ady: No Mom, we're in an airplane.

5 comments:

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

Thanks, Kasey, for joining me in this literal world - I had no idea what I was getting into 30 years ago!

Fiagle Family said...

that is hilarious and it sounds like its not something that will be going away soon

Mary Ann said...

My friends little girl is a lot like that except she adds "actually" in front of everything!

EmmaJ said...

That's awesome and so very Adam. I go through the same thing with having to be specific with Betty's shoes/boots/sandals/crocks and car/van.

Scott and Kels said...

Gotta love it! Glad things are going well for you guys.