Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Activities

I had the best Christmas that I can remember in a long time. Ady woke up and the first thing she said was, "did Santa come?" Grandma and Grandpa Van Tassell came to visit late Christmas Eve and Ady got to open her presents with both Grandparents watching. For several weeks now Ady had been asking for a red present from Santa Claus. Well, the jolly old man came through for her, both Ady and Brock got a red present from Santa.
No, those are not all Brock's and Ady's presents. We all went over to Grandpa and Grandma Haddock's to open presents. Grandma and Grandpa Van Tassell happened to wrap Ady's presents in red and Ady thought that she had died and gone to heaven. She got 3 red presents! here she is in this photo holding a couple of them. She didn't want to put down her presents.
The look on Ady's face when she opened her present from Santa was spectacular. She yelled out, "Look, a lego train and it has Toy Story too!"Brock was mostly just interested in climbing on the packages. Ady then handed out presents to both Grandparents, her mom and me, and to Blake and Leslie. And of course, Ady wanted to help, (ie. do it all herself), everyone unwrap their presents.
This is what Kasey and I made for our parents. Kasey thinks that people have a hard time remembering everyone's birthdays. If you didn't know Kasey thinks that birthdays are a personal holiday and is second only to Christmas. Kasey found a picture of a birthday calendar online and thought we could "easily" make one. Ended up being not nearly as easy as she predicted.
We have had quite a bit of snow this past week. And everytime we get new snow Ady wants to build a snowman. Sometimes she wants to build other things too. Like a dragon or turtle. The other day she wanted to build a sea horse in the snow. I told her to go and ask Blake to help her. So she did.
We went up to Bear Lake the day after Christmas with Kasey's parents and visited Kasey's grandpa. We also took Ady sledding. She had soooo much fun.
Ady rode down the hill the first few times with either Kasey or me. But then she wanted to do it all by herself. She would laugh and giggle the whole way down the hill. We were laughing pretty hard just watching her.
Today I decided to give Brock a hair cut. He had 3 inch hair in some places and not much in others. It was a pain to get him to hold still. He loves chewing on "his" toothbrush, but even that wouldn't keep him still. Kasey ended up restraining him while I buzzed his head.

6 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Looks like you have a new family tradition of the red present. So cool. And I agree with Kasey, birthdays are holidays and people do have a hard time remembering them... sometimes even after you make them cute calendars. But mine wasn't as cute as the one Kasey made.

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

I, for one, love the birthday calendars! I thought they turned out really well, even if not as easy as you guys anticipated.

The Songer said...

The birthday calendars look awesome! what a cute idea!

I love all that snow! Lucky you guys!

Brock is growing so big!

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Jennifer said...

Neat calendar. I made one for my mom one for mother's day and was planning to make your mom one too but it just took too long so I never got around to it. I do have to say it would be easier to remember mine if it was in March and on the 30th though. :)

Jennifer said...

My birthday that is. :) Sheesh I need to learn to proofread.

Melanie said...

I do like that calendars. Much better than what I would have done. Good job! We did miss seeing Ady and Brock over Christmas (and you guys too).