Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Birthday fun and Brock's Blessing


Well last weekend was Kasey's and Adyson's Birthday. Kasey turned 29 and Ady turned 3. I was unable to be there for either of their birthdays as I was in Minnesota looking at a property, but Kasey told me all about it and Ady even sang to me on the phone. For some reason Ady thinks that she should sing the happy birthday song to herself. As you can see in the photo from the last post(if you can't tell what it is, don't tell Kasey) Kasey made Ady a "Nemo" cake. Ady loves the Finding Nemo Movie, and thankfully Grandma and Grandpa Haddock have a copy so she can watch it once in a while. The best part is that Ady is confused with Nemo's name. If you've seen the film, you know how Dory gets mixed up once or twice and calls Nemo 'Elmo'? Well Ady also is mixed up and calls Nemo-Elmo. We have given up trying to get her straightened out. It isn't too big of a deal except when we go somewhere and they have an aquarium with a clown fish. Then it is always the same scene, several kids pointing and saying "look there's Nemo", and then you will hear Ady correct them, "No that is an Elmo fish." For Kasey's birthday, She went to the Cheesecake Factory with her parents. I got back from Minnesota the day after Kasey's birthday and we headed down to my parent's house to have a belated celebration. Rachel, Sam and Jett came up and we went to a Korean Restaurant for dinner and then to Chuck E Cheese. We went there last year and I swore if I ever had to go again I wasn't going to eat the pizza. So I was really glad we ate first this time. But we got a bunch of tokens and had a lot of fun watching Jett and Ady play. We were about the only ones there and it wasn't too chaotic.

Here is Ady playing skee-ball. This was one of the best games value wise per token. Ady liked to roll the ball but wouldn't roll hard enough for the ball to make it over the lip. So the ball would just come back, and Ady would get another try. After a few misses I'd roll the ball in, and Ady would grab the next ball. Usually you only get to roll the ball 9 times, but Ady she had at least 3 times that many tries. We didn't catch it on the camera, but she even tried throwing overhand a few times.

Sam and I got playing this shoot 'em game and Ady wanted to join in. So she ended up on my lap doing her impression of aiming and yelling, "shoop it dad, shoop it" right in my ear.

Ady and Jett loved riding all the slow motion rides. Surprisingly enough, Ady didn't even mind sharing the rides with Jett.

Since I was in Minnesota, Kasey decided to go buy her own birthday present. Personally, I think this is the best deal ever. The way I see it is, Kasey likes to shop, Kasey likes to buy herself things, and Kasey likes to get new things for her birthday. I hate shopping, have a hard time picking things out for Kasey and always worry that she won't like it, (a few of my previous gifts, including the gift I gave her for our first Valentines, have ended up being thrown out or taken to a thrift store. So I felt this was a win for everyone--Kasey got to go shopping, didn't have to hear me complain, I didn't have to go shopping or complain, and Kasey got a a present that she actually likes and will use.

This past Sunday we had Brock's baby blessing. It was a beautiful day, the sun actually decided to join the party, and we had a fun outdoor barbecue get-together after church with family. It was really great to see so many people. Brock will be one month old tomorrow and we have so enjoyed having him in our lives.

4 comments:

Fiagle Family said...

Happy bday kasey and addy!! Sounds like the best plan ever to pick out your own present :)

Fiagle Family said...

We are going to the island Hawaii what is the best thing not to miss??

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Girls!!! I can't get over Ady's big beautiful eyes in that picture! She is darling! So glad to hear that Brock is doing so well! I can't believe he's a month old already. Wow, where does the time go?

The Songer said...

Happy Birthday to Kasey and Ady!

Im so happy everything is going well with Brock!

For some reason i thought the minnesota thing was a no go? but Glad kasey got to get her own gift! Thats always fun!